I thought I could, but no

/
0 Comments
They say time heals, I tried to convince myself into believing it too. I was really believing, or so I thought. So I thought facing my fear is the best and bravest way to heal along with time. So I did. I (tried to) faced my fear, the fear of having to relive all the past memories with you knowing new memories will never be created again. 

My pace towards that shop was hesitant, undoubtedly. But I seemed to have believed that time has healed me. My feet you once loved to lie on brought me into the shop, to a similar glass framed container where I first laid my eyes on you. She/he isn't you, but looks exactly like you. That tri-colored soft looking fur, that black patched eye which led to us calling you Lavigne, and that adorable round butt. 

Tears filled with sadness blurred my vision gradually as I tried to hold back. "This is not you, not you, not you." I told myself, in silly hopes of stopping those tears. Then it hit me, this is why I am still not healed. Because I know this is not you, because I know there will never be a guinea pig who is you, or be like you, because I know I'll never have you back in my life again.

I left the shop hastily through the back door, wanting no one to intrude between us, even during my moment of grieving for you.


You may also like

No comments:

Contributors

Live by this

Live by this